Monday, December 19, 2005

Bad Santas before Christmas

I'll be the first to admit that there is a lot of commercial hype that comes with the Christmas season. Many people endure ridiculous stress, and obnoxious relatives, while over indulging in food, and alcohol. Personal problems often get magnified at Christmas being at odds with the idea of a "merry" Christmas. Various religious factions often use Christmas as a time to point out flaws in the Christian faith. A few bold parents injure themselves trying to be Santa Claus, or falling off ladders as they put up lights. Some people actually enjoy adopting a Scrooge-like mentality in protest. However, this little tidbit from New Zealand takes the cake... Full Story

Forty "Santas" went on a rampage through Auckland, New Zealand robbing stores, assaulting security guards, and urinating from overpasses. This story led me to a few dubious conclusions: There should be a 10 PM curfew for anyone in a Santa Claus suit. No more than two Santas should be allowed to congregate in a public place. Any Santa caught with alcohol on their person should be banned from playing Santa for life.

Tags:
, ,

3 comments:

Carnealian said...

Well now that's too funny! I decided to boycot this year. I have a small (in the grand scheme of things) trauma in my personal life this year, and frankly just don't feel like being Merry. I will celebrate the birth of Jesus as always but the decorations never left their storage spot, no cookies were baked and no Christmas cards were sent. I've had minimal stress and having said that, I think I'll have another drink!

Have a Happy Christmas if that's what you celebrate!

Travel Italy said...

Beau - Merry Christmas and Tanti Auguri di Buone Feste!!!!

Michele said...

Haven't had that problem yet
visit me ,you'll love it.